Saturday, March 2, 2013

Self Help Books?

When I was kid. I could never understand why my mom liked to read self help books, the news paper, or magazines. This never made any sense to me. Why would any one want to read something so boring and well... boring? "When I read a book I want to be taken on an adventure!" I would tell her and she would reply with the age old adage "Some day you'll understand."

That day has come. I've come to understand now that these self help books, newspapers (for me news websites), and magazines, are keys to the outside world! Being a stay at home mom is awesome! But being trapped inside all winter long is not. I love getting on face book and reading peoples opinions about whats going on out there. I can leave comments and pretend that they might actually care about what I have to say and give thought to my opinion. I love reading the Ensign and Scriptures to help better my self and to feed my soul.

For Christmas, Lauren Smith (who we have adopted into our family) gave me a present. It was this book!


She gave me this book because she knows me and Micheal are crazy and want a HUGE family. HAHA! I guess she thinks we need all the help we can get ;) This book really changed my out look on self help books. I've read a few before but this was the first one I really enjoyed! It took me on a bit of an adventure. But mostly it helped me see a way I can better make it through my own adventure.I loved the some of the ideas in this book. And I loved knowing that there are still plenty of other crazy couples out there who are willing to sacrifice so much for one more child to love. I know I only have one so far but I can't imagine only loving one for the rest of my life. I want lots of children!

1 comment: