For reasons, decided it would be easier to write a blog and text out the link instead of sending an email. Just trust me it's easier. Benefit! There are websites that will print your blog in a book form! So that will make printing this year's photo book really easy. 🤞
This week sucked! I had a headache all freaking week.... The doctor said it's cause I'm a lady. Thank you hormones! If that was TMI get over it we are all adults here.
Monday we did school but I don't remember cause our heater/ac unit died. It was condemned, red-tagged, shut off, will never be used again! I woke up Sunday morning and was smelling something funny so we turned the heat off and the smell went away. We knew the smell wasn't carbon monoxide because we have alarms and we know they work. So we turned it back on so we wouldn't be cold that night. Well turns out that was a bad idea. The smell didn't come back but Michael still wanted the repairman to come out and check. He came out late afternoon and said that the pipes that make up the heating unit and holes in them! The smell was the heat burning the insulation. He shut it off cause it could lead to carbon monoxide poisoning. SO. MUCH. FUN! It actually hasn't been so bad our in-house low has been 61. I have ordered slippers off of Amazon and that should (hopefully) make getting out of bed a little easier.
Tuesday my headache was so bad I could barely walk. No school. I feasted on ritz crackers and Dr. Pepper. I kept waiting for the kids to come and tell me they were hungry and they never did. They watched tv and had goldfish and marshmallows and leftover spaghetti! It's nice having kids old enough to feed themselves and help feed the little ones. Evalyn did get bored at one point and asked me if she could build a toothpick tower with apples! She even got adam to do it with her and they did an amazing job.
Wednesday Still no school but I did manage to do some housework.
Thursday school is back! Evalyn completed a "mission" in math and was super proud of herself. I'm proud of her too. We made cookies. Adam and Evalyn built a ninja hideout. (aka blanket fort)
Friday we had school again and the kids were fighting me so after they did reading, math, and la I decided I had enough of them and sent them on their way. I was making dinner when Evalyn showed me she had made a puppet! Adam thought it was cool and he made a dragon puppet! Then they put on a show for me. It didn't make any sense, but they had a blast, and I thought it was adorable!
Remember how Michael had to do these check in's on Friday for the next few weeks? Well, he left Friday morning and didn't come back till Friday night. He didn't take lunch with him or anything! But one of the machines was down so he had to stay and fix it, and it turned into quite the ordeal. One of his coworkers saved him and bought him lunch. It turned into a blessing cause he was scheduled to cover someone's shift on Sunday but with all the overtime he already has they had someone else work Sunday.
Saturday I got to do something really fun! I got to bake all day! Some of Michaels's co-workers wanted to buy some baked goods from me after they ate the Christmas treats I made for them. So I put together a list and 2 women ordered $50 worth of stuff. I made banana bread, oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies, and chocolate chip cookies. And of course, I made enough for the kids (and Mike) to eat. The kids helped here and there but didn't stay for the full event.
Sunday has been pretty chill. We had church, and we read books and we might even go for a walk. Right now its only 1:30. So we'll see what else today brings!


No comments:
Post a Comment