Saturday, November 9, 2013

SURPIRSE! Baby #2

That's right world, I'm pregnant. And not only am I pregnant, I'm 17 weeks along. It's taken me awhile to write this blog for a couple reasons. One, I've been super sick this time around and feel like I'm lucky if I get my dishes done let alone post anything as much as a status on face book. And two, this pregnancy has been really surreal to me. That might have something to do with feeling in a daze but I think it has more to do with the fact that we didn't plan this one to come this quickly.
We definitely wanted more kids. We want a lot more kids, actually, but I was telling the world that we weren't going to have any more tell Michael graduated Weber. (That will be spring of 2015) And I was sticking that story pretty strongly. Until sometime near the end of July.
You see, out of no where it seems, people started asking me when I was going to get pregnant again, when we were going to move to a bigger apartment so we could have more kids, and so on. I would give them the answer above but those questions seem to have planted a bug. All of a sudden I started to think about these things as I would be driving down the road, lying in bed, taking a shower, whatever. And as soon as I realized what I was doing I stopped myself. No Mariah! Not yet you have a plan! Stick to the plan! It's a good plan! And thus it was, until some where around the 20th of July when I felt the need to pray about it. I knelt down asked "Is it time to have another baby?" The answer came back "YES!" It was crazy fast and crazy strong. I stood up groaned and thought how am I going to tell Michael....
Luckily, the fallowing Sunday the subject came up on the way home from church. I told him what happened and he handled it really well.
Jumping ahead about a month, we went to Arizona at the end of August. While we were there I was so tired. I would gag over really silly things, things I should be use to having a one year old. (Sarah even laughed at me gaging over Adams poop.) I started to feel like I was stepping on peoples toes and feeling just a little emotional. I told Lauren about this and she turns to me and asks "Are you pregnant?" I quickly responded "No, I don't think so." It took me a few months to get pregnant with Adam and then another month for the symptoms to show up. So I couldn't be. But we decided to get a pregnancy test just to be sure. Then, the same day, we go visit Michael's mom. And as we are saying good bye she gives me a hug and says "You are really warm are you feeling ok?" "Yeah I've just been feeling a little off this whole trip." "Are you pregnant?" Really? How do older women know these things? Seriously...  I tell her I don't think so but she has me promise to let her know when I know for sure. So then we are off to visit Mike's aunt.
As we are leaving this time we ask where the nearest dollar store is. "What do you need at the dollar store?" she asks. I just give her a look and she nods knowingly, and asks "Are you looking for weights?" This was code because earlier that evening we watched a you tube video about a Father who uses his children as weights in his exercise routine. But the code didn't work so well because her youngest daughter who is 8 or 9 responds "I don't think they sell babies at the dollar store." I cracked up! We did get directions to the nearest store and we were off again.
We pull up to the store right as it was closing! I knock on the door and a nice man opens up and asks what a need. I sheepishly respond that I needed a pregnancy test. "Do you got a dollar eight?" "All I have is plastic." Then another man, inside the store, asks what I want. The guy I'm talking to yells back the response. The second man walks over holding a test and the first man responds "It's ok, she's from Utah." (Mike's car with its plates was in view) Mike says that's when he knew it would come back positive. "Who gets a test for free like that?"
Sure enough, took the test the next morning and I'm pregnant.  Now the question was how far along I was because I hadn't had a cycle since before Adam. Well it turns out I got pregnant some time around the 12th of July. Go figure... ;)


PS We find out the gender Dec 9th ish! So excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment